mama

This past Saturday, I was having a conversation with my husband about how needy children are, and how they always pick ME to be the one to fulfill their needs. And how sometimes it really exhausts me to be the one they continually call upon to save the day.

Right on cue...And as I was speaking to Matt, I heard one calling from the other room with question/request/complaint/statement # 945 of the day (I can't remember exactly what he wanted):

Mr. E: "MAMA! MAMA!  {yada yada yada yada?!?}"
Matt: yada yada yada yada! (a perfectly suitable answer to the question/request/complaint/statement #945)
Mr. E: MAMA! MAMA!  yada yada yada yada!?!  (an exact repeat of Q/R/C/S #945 as if Matt never uttered a word.)
Me: (to Matt) See?!  He does not even know you exist.  He did not even hear you speaking.  They always want ME! I am tired! 

Tonight, I brushed the wack-a-moles' teeth and sent them off to their room where their Daddy was waiting to tuck them into their cute little cozy bunks. Fifteen minutes later, I heard yelling:

Miss E: DADDY!! DADDY!! DADDY!!
Me: (to matt, triumphantly!)  FINALLY!!  For once in our lives they are calling for you!!

Off Matt went to their bedroom to see what they needed (cause I most definitely planted my feet where I was standing and was not going to move since they were FINALLY for once in our lives calling for him!)

Matt came back in to the kitchen laughing.

Matt: (mimicking Miss E) I forgot to kiss Mama goodnight.

And off I went...to give those needy little boogers some bedtime smooches.  (how did I forget?)

And I, of course, wouldn't have it any other way.

Comments

  1. Kerry and I have this same conversation at least once a week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is an adorable story. What sweet kiddos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ditto what Krista said. I love them, but boy! Do they ever tap me out!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts