friends

Hi.

Can I ask you who are reading this to please pray for my friends Duane and Christy?  He's been battling cancer since July '09, and the fight is getting tougher.

Here's what she posted on their blog today.

Saturday - 

Trying to keep everyone in the loop, so sorry for this insensitive way of communicating.

Just found out that it is cancer that has spread all over Duane's lungs causing him to struggle to breathe.  We are, obviously, very upset by this news.  Doesn't seem fair in the least.  It's hard to fight when you aren't given any weapons.  Duane has really been struggling to breathe the last few days.  He's completely exhausted because his heart rate hasn't been below 100 in weeks.  They have him on 6 liters of oxygen.  He barely drinks and takes a few bites here and there.  He gets these coughing fits and then panics cause he can't catch his breath.  Then his heart rate spikes up and his respiratory counts spike up.  It takes awhile to calm him back down.  I've asked that they give him atavan (sp) or something to try to keep him calm.  I don't want him to have a stroke on top of everything else.

The tentative plan is to start chemo on Monday.  


Thank you.  I know they appreciate it.

Comments

  1. Praying for some weapons for their fight. So sorry to hear about the complications. Thanks for sharing their need and allowing me to stand alongside them in prayer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry, Jess. That breaks my heart. Praying right now!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts