update

For those of you who are familiar with Christy & Duane and their story...an update...

Duane lost his 1.5 year battle with cancer almost 24 hours ago.  He was a wonderful person, husband, father.  They have been married 5 years, 7 months to the day---but the love they jammed into those 5 years is pretty incredible. I know Christy and their kiddos (one boy age 4, one girl age 1-almost-2) appreciate your prayers.  It's a tough road ahead.  But, they are loved by many and will be well taken care of.  Please continue to pray for them; for strength and peace, and that they will be encouraged and uplifted on a daily basis by those of us who love them.

It's almost Christmas...and there's a lot going on...so I'm thinking this just might be my last post of 2010.  I'll catch you again in 2011.

Comments

  1. ...praying...heartbroken for her and the kids...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I'm so, so sorry. I never know what to say in situations like this, so I'll just share that I'm praying for their family each and everytime they come to mind. Thanks for the update.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry, Jess. This hurts so much, huh. I didn't even know them, and I have an ache inside my heart. Praying for Christy, the kids, you, everyone who loved them. Please, Jesus, hold them tight.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry. I'm aching like Marla. Continuing to pray for Christy and the children. God, hear their cries. Fill their emptiness. Comfort the pain. I don't know how You will work this miracle, but I trust You. Amen and amen.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts