carnations in coke bottles
Alright....5 bullets....light and airy and not heavy.
- I have a scarlet carnation in a coke bottle on my window sill. did you know the scarlet carnation is ohio's state flower. i think it has something to do with U.S. Grant having one in his pocket when he got shot at once or something. I might be making that up. Did you know Taft got stuck in a tub, though? That's true. (poor guy and that claim to fame.) Sight. I wouldn't mind going through 4th grade Ohio History again. I loved that.
- I googled it. I was so wrong. It was McKinley and he always wore a scarlet one on his lapel.
- My library fine is less than $5 right now.
- I'm borrowing Organized Simplicity from the library right now and I really, really, really, really like it. When we started out as 2 people in this house it seemed great big. But now that we're 5 people in this house, I sometimes feel cramped. However, I am a)not complaining b)determined to make it work. (I sometimes daydream about my very own room to spread out all of my hobbies and projects.) This book has some GREAT tips!
- At Christmastime, on a complete whim (it just popped out one night at bedtime.), I started saying John 3:16 with the kids at night after songs and prayers. So we've been doing it each night ever since. Miss E already knew it from church, Mr. E didn't, but now he does! And Miss C is familiar with it and can say bits and pieces. The other night she was crabby and fussed after each phrase. So, I didn't push the issue and quit, turned on her music and said goodnight. And then she adamantly started yelling, "NO!! MOMMY!! PARIS!! PARIS!! PARIS!!" I had no idea what she was saying. Pairs? Paris? "PARIS!!!!" Perish. She wanted to say the rest of perish. Crazy little 2 year old screaming the word perish was a little bit funny.
- Steelers and Packers....same old story!
- Mr. E. didn't take a nap today. But, then, after putting on his brand-new-Christmas-gift-dirt-bike-racer-pants-and-shirt and after putting Matt's head lamp on his head, he lay down on the couch and fell right to sleep.