she said

I was fixin' my hair this morning.
Way back in '08, right before Miss C was born, I got my hair chopped off.  It was long.
And then it was short.  And it's been short ever since (i'm considering going long again...)

When I got it cut back then Miss E told me a few times that she liked it better long.  But she was 4 at the time, so I didn't really take her opinion seriously.

So, I was fixin' my hair this morning.

Miss E:  Mom.  I like the short hair.
Me: You do?
Miss E: Yeah.  It makes you look like a mom.

(I gasped, and then died on the inside.  I don't want to look like a mom. Yes I'm a mom.  But looking like a mom is a completely different story.)

Me: (i smiled and maintained my composure.).  What did I look like when I had long hair?
Miss E: I dunno.  I think an aunt!!

She's 6 now.  And just today, I decided I'm still not taking her opinion seriously.  And I won't take it seriously until she tells me that I could pass for her older sister!  (Or Meg Ryan)

Comments

  1. I think you look like a HOT mama, long OR short...so there!

    PS -LOVE the new blog layout...very pretty and chic :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry, but that made me laugh :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts