My Little Miss C

Oh, this spicy little third child of mine.

We marvel daily, wondering what in the world we ever did without her.

When she's sleeping, all is peaceful.  There's a melodious little world of Miss E and Mr. E...moving along together, enjoying the same things, playing together kindly and without many interruptions or loud noises.  Not that they don't argue or disagree.  They do.  But they usually figure it out. (Or Mr. E just succombs to Miss E's "authority".)  They aren't exactly the same, but they are very similar.

And when Miss C wakes up, she's the different note. She sits smack dab in the middle of what they are doing.  She forces toys upon them that they do not want.  She asks Mr. E if he's okay when he's crying and doesn't want to talk to anyone.  She walks around in loops and swirls and she sitswaytooclose to the big kids on the couch.  She does not sit still. She adds spice to all of our days.  It's impossible to hold onto her when she doesn't want to be held.  And it's impossible to let go of her when she wants to be embraced.

She's the harmony.

She simply has different methods than the big kids. And, when you throw her into the mix she really jazzes up life around here.

I love when people sing in unison.  It's beautiful.

But, what really gets me...what really causes my heart to swell...and touches the deepest parts of my being are the songs with stunning, breath-taking, beautiful harmony.  Different notes being played together...it's a glorious sound.

I don't have to tell you that all of my kids are my favorite.

And the way they are together brings music to my life and joy to my soul.

Comments

  1. haha. this sounds exactly like my family growing up. girl, boy, girl...and i was that "spicy" girl at the end. ;) my mom always says she thought she had a pretty good handle on parenting... and then i came along. and she describes the years i was living in ohio in one word: quiet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes yes yes yes yes! Our middle boy T is the quiet...the one you have to go looking through the house to find because he's reading quietly somewhere.

    I ended up with 2 spicy characters...and they must have been crafted from the same base flavor...crazy! They would let along with your baby C :) They would probably break things :)

    BTW...you ALWAYS have a standing offer if you guys are anywhere in the area to stop by!! Our 6(!?!?) babies could mingle :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great way to look at it. I never realized the "harmony." I love that! Love, love, love that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. awwwww she sounds so sweet and just perfect. God is so creative in the way He makes our families! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think this is exactly how I would describe growing up with my sister... we always joke that is my parents had stopped at two (my brother and I) life would have been so boring!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts