snow daze

We had 2 days at home, thanks to the ice.  Well, 3 out of 5 of us never go to school or "work," but the other two who normally do, did not.

We thoroughly enjoyed our time together.  I even made Matt play a game with me.  He moaned & groaned a little at first, but then I think he actually enjoyed the few rounds of Mastermind we played.

At one point on day one, I found myself with nothing pressing to do.  So, I sat at the kitchen table, put my feet up on the chair and read for a little bit.

Matt walked by and said, "Oh.  So is this what you do all day?" with a twinkle in his eye.

I just laughed in his face with my best "you have no idea" laugh sweetly at him.

On day two, Matt was also off work.  I decided it'd be a great day to hang the second set of white panels in the living room!  So I batted my eyelashes and talked him into hanging the curtain rod. (We hung the first one in November.)

He hung the rod, while I ironed the panels.

The kids were of course, doing their thing.

"MOMMY!!  She's bugging me!"

"MOM! My pants are crooked!"

"I CAN'T FIND MY TRUCK!"

"WATCH THIS! Daddy! Watch! Mommy! Watch!"

"BUT I want to JUMP off the furniture!"

"More milk please, mommy-moo. MILK! MILK! MOOOMY-MOOOOOOOOOOO MILKY PLEASE!"

"DADDY! What are you doing? Can I help, can I help, can I help?"

"Mommy-moo! Step stool!  What doin' Mommy-moo?  Can I watch you?" (as I have to stop her from touching my hot iron.)

"Did we just eat breakfast?  Can we have a SNACK?"

"HE was kicking the tunnel while I was in it!"

"Moooooooooooooooom!! I'm ALL DONE POOPIN'!"

"Can we watch a movie?!?"

"Do you know where my barbies are?"

"What's the capital of Romania?"

"Do you want to hear my January song again?"

"But I don't WANT to wash my hands after i go POTTY!!" (cry, cry, cry, whine, whine)

Cracking up on the inside, noticing that this was all driving Matt slightly bonkers, I asked, "Hey babe.  You want me to get my grapefruit spoons for you?"

And he laughed.  A good solid wrinkles at the corners of his eyes laugh.  Because yes.  He was ready to jab out his eyeballs thanks to the tiny pecking chickens* that run around our house.

And then I laughed and said, "You asked me yesterday if THAT is what I do all day.  No.  It's not.  THIS is what I do all day."

And somehow, the days fly by so stinking fast, tending to these babies.  I LOVE IT!!  Let's just hope I get a good return on my investment. ;-)

*a friend recently told me that someone told her that having kids is like being pecked at by chickens all. day. long.  I LOVE that visual!

Comments

  1. ♥ this! Oh, and does your husband despise games too? I haven't played a good board game since college. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this too :) I love that I started getting a slight bit stressed out just reading your kiddos quotes :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have said that chicken thing for YEARS. It's the best analogy I've ever heard. And your "script" above was painfully accurate (and hilarious).

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts