good for the soul
I realized that "good for the soul" and "balm for the soul" are phrases that pop into my head and outta my mouth (fingers) on a regular basis. So, I decided to make a list:
some of my favorites balmy things:
1. coke from mcdonald's with extra ice (this is what I had today that prompted this here post) or out of a can or out of a glass or out of a foam cup.
2. church service (i keep promising a post about sundays, and i'm gonna deliver eventually!)
3. doing zumba, with a nice, slow worship song during the cool down. (I haven't gone back yet, but i'm dying to go again!)
4. a warm shower + down blanket + fuzzy socks + sweat pants + a remote control
5. laughing with matt while we watch everybody loves ramond and see more of ourselves in debra & ray than we like to admit. (we're on season 6. we've been getting them from the library & watching together)
6. parenthetical phrases (just kidding!)
7. seeing old friends when you least expect it and picking right back up where you left off.
8. sitting in the sunshine
9. the smell of clean laundry
10. listening to preacher men on the radio
11. The Psalms
12. hugs from pudgy little kid arms
what would you add?